A Nevada woman has lost in a US court in her attempt to force Cristiano Ronaldo to pay her millions of dollars on top of the $375,000 she had been paid for her silence after accusing him of raping her in Las Vegas in 2009.
Federal Judge Jennifer Dorsey dismissed the lawsuit as a sanction against Leslie Mark Stovall, the woman’s attorney, for acting “in bad faith” and using “stolen” confidential documents. According to the judge, these facts irremediably contaminated the case.
Dorsey said in her 42-page ruling that dismissing a case out of hand with no possibility of refiling is a serious penalty, but that Stovall’s conduct had hurt Cristiano.
Kathryn Mayorga has lost the case against Cristiano Ronaldo.
Justice prevails. pic.twitter.com/LFiCzcbuDP
— TCR. (@TeamCRonaldo) June 11, 2022
You may also like: Justin Bieber explains how Ramsay Hunt syndrome paralyzes his face
“I consider that the obtaining and use of these documents was in bad faith and the mere disqualification of Stovall will not remedy the damage to Ronaldo because the ill-gotten documents and their confidential content have been incorporated into the very fabric of (the plaintiff’s) claims. Kathryn) Mayorga”, says the ruling.
“This deserves serious sanctions”.
Stovall did not immediately respond to phone and email messages and text messages to his associate Larissa Drohobyczer went unanswered. The ruling is appealable. Cristiano’s Las Vegas attorney, Peter Christiansen, was traveling and was unavailable for comment.